Example Interview Debrief Worksheet
The following questions are provided as useful starting points for facilitating post-moderated research conversation (for example, after a stakeholder or user interview, or a usability test). We recommend copying the questions to collaborative writing tool and giving the team four minutes per section to respond, and then facilitating a section-wise discussion. GSA Staff, please see this Google Doc Template.
Warm up (4 minutes)
- What stood out about this interview?
- What are this participant’s goals? What matters to them?
- What are their challenges or unmet needs?
- What stories did this participant tell?
Concept test or demo (4 minutes)
- What goal or task-oriented stories did this participant tell?
- What words did the participant use to describe what they shared?
- What aspects of the participant’s task performance went well?
- What aspects of the participant’s task performance went poorly?
Retrospective (4 minutes)
- What about this session reminded you of past sessions (if applicable)?
- What went well about this session?
- What went poorly (for example, uncomfortable topics, awkward transitions, etc.)?
- How might the interview guide (or, if applicable wireframe or prototype) be updated before the next session?