A detailed review of existing experiences provided either by direct competitors or by related agencies or services.
To identify competitors’ solutions that excel, are lacking, or are missing critical design elements. Comparative analysis can give you a competitive edge by identifying opportunities, gaps in other services, and potential design patterns to adopt or avoid.
How to do it
- Identify a list of services that would be either direct or related competitors to your service. Pare the list down to four or five.
- Establish which criteria or heuristics you will use to evaluate each competing service.
- Break down the analysis of each selected competitor into specific focal areas for evaluation. For example, how relevant are search results?
- Use a spreadsheet to capture the evaluation and determine how the targeted services and agencies perform based on the identified heuristics.
- Present the analysis, which should showcase areas of opportunities that you can take advantage of and design patterns you might adopt or avoid.
Example from 18F
Considerations for use in government
No PRA implications. No information is collected from members of the public.